Homemade Organic Conditioner/Detangler
– 1/2 cup canned Native Forest Coconut Milk
– 1 Tbsp. Raw Honey
– 1 Tbsp. Almond Oil
– 1 drop Lavender Essential Oil
Combine all ingredients in an old glass jar. Shake well to mix and before each use. Prior to shampooing, dampen hair, and massage about 1/2 tsp. into ends of child’s hair. Allow to sit while bathing child. Rinse well with water and proceed to shampoo. I have noticed a decrease in post-bath tangles with use of this on my little ones.
Homemade Organic Baby Shampoo
(Recipe Adapted from Wellness Mama)
– 1/4 cup canned Native Forest Coconut Milk
– 1/3 cup Dr. Bronner’s Mild Unscented Liquid Castille Soap
– 1/2 tsp. Almond Oil
– 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil
– 8 drops Wild Orange or Neroli Essential Oil
Combine all ingredients in an old glass jar (important, as citrus essential oils can break down plastic components). Shake well to mix and before each use. Use about 1/2 to 1 tsp. of shampoo on child per washing, focusing on scalp.
Refrigerate both between uses, well labeled, up to a month (otherwise, coconut milk can spoil).